Program Options & the NSA Player Path
Program Options for Fall 2022
Our programs are based on birth year. The Southern Minnesota Soccer League operates on an every-other-year age grouping basis. In other words, one year will have U12, U14, U16 and U18 teams, and the next year will have U11, U13, U15, U17 and U19 teams. The plan is to always have a U10 competitive option, despite it being an even or odd age year.
For the fall 2022 season, the following programs are available:
- 2019: U4 In-House
- 2018: U6 In-House
- 2017: U6 In-House
- 2016: U8 In-House
- 2015: U8 In-House or Academy (family choice)
- 2014: Academy
- 2013: Academy or U10 Traveling (family choice)
- 2012 and 2011: U12 Traveling
- 2010 and 2009: U14 Traveling
- 2008 and 2007: U16 Traveling (spring/summer only)
- 2006 and 2005: U18 Traveling (spring/summer only)
The graphic at right shows how players can move through Northfield Soccer Association programs. This path includes family choice at the U8 and U10 levels, where players can determine when to enter and leave the Academy. For traveling teams, we sometimes need to combine age groups and/or hold player evaluations to make appropriate placements.